From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-08 06:23:13

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> For reference, see http://tinyurl.com/rm4dr and
> http://tinyurl.com/k53v2.
>
> Interestingly enough, the test passes on Tru64/CXX. Compiled with gcc
> 4.0.3 the test aborts with 'terminate called recursively', compiled
> with 3.4.4 it throws a SIGABRT.
>
> Is there anything I can do to help in debugging?

Thanks Marcus, I had spotted that failure, but didn't know what to do about
it. The fact that it's specific to gcc on that one specific platform is
particulary frustrating!

I have to be honest: I'm not even sure how to go about debugging this:
basically the test program spawns 10 threads each of which then runs the
regex test code. In other words it's a stress-test to detect
multi-threading issues. Are there any known problems with gcc and threading
on that platform?

Failing that, if you can run it under gdb and see what traps that might
suggest something.

And finally, is gcc on tru64 available on the HP testdrive machines? I had
a quick look last week, but couldn't see anything?

Many thanks, John.