From: Pavel Vozenilek (pavel_vozenilek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-09 09:17:55

"Emil Dotchevski" wrote:

> I find myself repeating what I said earlier, but I think this is the
> essence
> of what you're trying to achieve with the "visitor" approach of hanling
> exceptions: you are replacing the "catch-by-type" semantics of C++ with
> "catch-everything-and-examine-its-value" semantics.

Actually, the way exceptions are handled is
completely independent of boost::exception itself.

One could use chain of catch, Jeremy Day's library
or the approach suggested by Andreas Huber
or any combination.

The explicit support for a "exception transformer"
inside boost::exception is not needed (visiting
all stored data is a different thing).

So my arguing is OT in this regard.

/Pavel