From: Matias Capeletto (matias.capeletto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-09 12:40:55

On 8/9/06, JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z <joaquin_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Just to bring this issue forward to the list, let me state
> the problem in simple terms.

Thanks! Now it is a lot more clear.

> > A big part of the library implementation is ContainerAdaptor.
> > Do you deem Boost.ContainerAdaptor worth eventually proposing to
> > Boost?
>
> Maybe the following can be tried to assess the power of this
> component: what about trying to implement Boost.PointerContainer
> using ContainerAdaptor, if only as a proof of concept? Would this
> result in a significant reduction in code size?

It is a very good idea. I will do it when Boost.Bimap is settled down.

> I've got a feature request about list_of and vector_of. When
> writing for instance:
>
> bimap<set_of<X>,list_of<Y> >
>
> we know (unlike in Boost.MultiIndex) that the Y part does not
> belong to any index key and thus can be freely mutated. Could it
> be possible that, in those cases, the associated relation
> class held a mutable Y allowing for direct manipulation of
> that member?

Nice! That will be very useful. A map where you can iterate over
the data types? Sounds good to me. I think it will be a little tricky
to implement but I have some ideas to keep it simple. If there
is interest I put this in Boost.Bimap TODO list. ( This is not a
performance, this is the first time Joaquin tell me this idea... )

Thank you again!
Regards
Matias