From: Philipp Henkel (threadpool_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-09 14:04:27

Hello Oliver,

> because on the user list a library which allows reuse of threads was
> requested I've added the defer library, originally developed by Simon
> Meiklejohn, to the boost vault (concurrent programming - I don't know
> why it was removed?).

Sometime ago I searched for this lib and -of course- I did not find it :-/

In the meantime I developed my own thread pool library based on
boost::threads.
It's available at http://threadpool.sourceforge.net and already used by
several projects.

The framework is extensible and easy-to-use (in case you like
boost::function / bind). At the moment I'm working on a task adaptor for
combining parallel and sequential tasks e.g. (t1 | t2) & t3.

I'm going to take a look at the defer lib soon and would like to discuss
about a threadpool solution for boost.

Best regards,
Philipp