From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-16 04:37:30

I wasn't suggesting that - you have done the tricky bit.

| I'm in the process of starting up a software company.
| Our product has a shipping date of Nov. 1.
| My partners tell me that I have already spent too much time
| on the Boost stuff.

I'm sure people (who won't realize it) will be very grateful
when they manage to read archives that they would have not have been able
to.

Your reward will be in heaven!

| I will submit the facets to Boost with my is_nan and
| sign_bit functions
| as a private implementation detail.
| Someone else will have to do the TR1 stuff.
|
| > Not sure about the rest.
|
| The facets are not substantial enough to form a new
| independent library.
| Of the existing libraries, I think boost.math is the least
| unsuitable place.
|
| If no one has a better idea, I will put the facets in namespace
| boost::math, and I will put the header files in a folder
| boost/math/facet.

OK by me, but I have no knowledge on this.

| But an attempt to check is compiles with MSVC 8.0 failed - missing
| > ..\c99_test.cpp in zip?
|
| Has been fixed. I c99_test.cpp from the project file. ;-)

Sorry but I still don't see c99_test.cpp in the non-finite_num_facets.zip
uploaded 15 Aug 17>29.

| > And something wrong in archive_test?
|
| Not that I'm aware of. The test succeeds on my machine (VC 7.1).

I'll look into it.

Thanks

Paul