From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-19 15:24:30

Andy Little said: (by the date of Sat, 19 Aug 2006 13:03:42 +0100)

> In fact there is a 2D and 3d vector in quan so you can do:
>
> quan::some_vect< quan::length:: m > position_a, position_b;
>
> quan::length:: m distance_a_to_b = magnitude(position_b - position_a);
>
> Because of that useage It might get confusing.

I still hold my position that linear algerbra library should not be a
part of _two_ separate libraries: Dimensions and Units.

Although Dave did not answer about details of his linear algebra library
I agree with him that correctly written units+dimensions libraries
should work with any other library - eg. small vectors (liear algebra),
quaternions, octonions, matrices, etc...

Specifically it should work with any other part of boost.

If it wouldn't then the user of units library would be only limited to
this linear algebra which is bundled with it.