From: Steven Burns (royalstream_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-20 11:20:43

Depending on what you mean by network classes.
If you need low level async i/o then yes, asio will do the work.
On the other hand, if you need to interact with higher level protocols such
as HTTP then you will have to reinvent the wheel yourself.
For the time being when I need basic networking I'm using the POCO library
(http://www.appinf.com/poco/)

Steven