From: Paul Giaccone (paulg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-22 04:46:43

Eric Lemings wrote:

> [...]
Eric, I take it you mean the only European countries where English is a
main language (namely the UK and the Republic of Ireland). I'm sure you
don't think Europe (which is made up mostly of non-English-speaking
countries) is a synonym for the British Isles.

The English definition is the one you give, no matter where English is
spoken. For that matter, the scientific definition is the same
*worldwide*, no matter what language it is in, plain and simple.

Paul