From: Martin Slater (mslater_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-23 11:18:26

Marshall Clow wrote:

>Yes, that's a good case.
>But, you've already got some object/data structure that describes the
>file, right?
>[ A path, or something ]
>
>Attach _that_ to the exception, and Bob's your uncle.

And Fanny's your aunt;)

Ah of course, all too easy then. thanks for clearing that up.

>Personally, I think that the ".what ()" field in the exception is an
>anachronism.
>No one is going to show that string to end users.

I suspect quite a few people do and many won't admit it, I know I do in
one particular app but there as in many programs the user base is
limited and well known. For any app that needs to be internationalised
or have more than a simple interface though I agree that this is
completely insufficent, (and hence this library interesting).

cheers

Martin