From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-23 13:39:35

Gerhard Wesp wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 07:53:12AM -0700, Marshall Clow wrote:
>> No one is going to show that string to end users.
>
> Hmmm, I do, quite frequently actually. Maybe I'm just anachronistic,
> but I do hold useful error messages in high value. :-)

I'm pretty sure there is a confusion here :)

The discussion (I hope) is about the exception lib that I'm proposing for
addition to boost, and the what() function of class boost::exception. You're
probably thinking about std::exception::what(), which is different.

I realize naming the function what() is begging for this confusion, but I
named it what() because its purpose is very similar: to identify the
exception (info stored in the exception) object, not to format a message for
the user.

--Emil Dotchevski