From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-08-26 07:30:00

On Aug 23, 2006, at 8:50 PM, Andy Little wrote:

> This is merely because the use cases are potentially pretty wide.
> In the review
> I made it clear that I was limiting the scope of Quan to the SI
> unit system,
> because that is the one I understand. If I resubmitted the library
> it could be
> rejected as not being generic enough and there are inklings from
> this thread
> that this may be the reaction. But I don't have the time or the
> knowledge to
> write a truly generic physical quantities library and if that is
> the requirement
> then there isnt much point in resubmitting Quan for another review
> AFAICS.

Can the dimension checking part of the library be used without the SI
unit system? For most other unit systems I use, I mainly need
dimension checking and not conversions between different units, such
as km or m? Thus just a quantity with dimensions would be useful to
catch programming errors.

Matthias