From: Julio M. Merino Vidal (jmmv84_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-04 04:19:09

On 9/1/06, Hartmut Kaiser <hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Hartmut,

> I tried to use the candidate Boost.Process library in one of my projects and
> found it a valuable piece of software helping me to write lesser code (and
> that's good!).
>
> A couple of issues came up when compiling the code on Windows (VC7.1SP1):
>
> - The library uses the MS specific safe string functions as strcpy_s. These
> are currently only available when using VC8. Other development environments
> as VC7.1, Borland etc. don't have these available.

Hopefully fixed.

> - Including the header file file_handle.hpp from more than one translation
> unit results in multiple symbol definitions for file_handle::INVALID_VALUE
> during linkage.

I don't know how to fix this yet... but hopefully this whole thing
will go away when I address another suggestion that affects handles
and identifiers.

> - The functions children::get_stdin(), children::get_stderr(),
> children::get_stdout(), and children::wait() have to be defined inline for
> the same reason.

Fixed. Plus a test added to prevent this from happening again ;-)

Thanks for your comments!

--
Julio M. Merino Vidal <jmmv84_at_[hidden]>
The Julipedia - http://julipedia.blogspot.com/