From: Ion Gaztañaga (igaztanaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-04 10:58:09

Hi to all,

  Thanks to Dylan Passmore I've fixed a bug in Shmem that provoked
unnecessary memory allocation when constructing big objects (twice than
necessary, in the extreme case when using boost::array). I've uploaded a
  easy fix but this sadly breaks ABI.

  So if you start using Shmem from the CVS, please delete all your Shmem
files (if you are using memory mapped files) and be sure to use the same
Shmem version in your projects. This change will be officially announced
for Shmem 0.94 (I had no intention to do that, but there are some fixes
in the CVS and maybe I should release it).

  I'm working on Interprocess, adding move-semantics to containers
(mainly done) and in order to achieve a no-throw move constructor in
those containers, I embedding end-nodes of node containers in the
container itself (almost done). I plan to release a new snapshot in two
weeks, after doing some more fixes and documentation. This new
Interprocess snapshot will also break ABI and will add the Dylan's
bug-fix to the cocktail.

Regards,

Ion