From: Deane Yang (deane_yang_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-05 00:42:49

Matthias Schabel wrote:
>> I didn't see that. But wouldn't it make sense for you to just
>> distribute
>> everything with units already inside a directory called "mcs"?
>
> OK, this is done in the new mcs_units archive.

Thank you.

>>> I believe the only dependency on <mcs/utility/type_traits.hpp> is in
>>> unit_test_1.cpp,
>>> so the other four tests should work...
>> Not. unit_test_4.cpp and unit_test_5.cpp have the same dependency.
>
> These files didn't actually depend on the header anyway, but it has been
> fixed.

Yes. Thank you.

>> Other observations:
>> 1) unit_test_1.cpp depends on the boost.regex library. (Some of us
>> have
>> never built the boost.regex library. My solution is just to skip
>> unit_test_1.cpp for now.)
>
> If you don't #define MCS_USE_DEMANGLING, this should not happen now.

I am not #defining MCS_USE_DEMANGLING, but VC++8.0 tries to link to the
boost regex library. Can this be fixed?

>> 2) The unit tests appear to build using gcc 3.4.4, but not with
>> VC8.0.

The latest version of the examples builds and runs with VC8.0 (except
unit_example_1, because I have not tried to build the boost regex library).

In many ways your library looks nice, but I need to check out Ben's more
carefully too.