From: Peter Dimov (pdimov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-08 08:52:33

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

> Well, first it looked like that whe have a very similar problem with
> our code than in the shared_ptr_test (did not dig deeper into both
> yet):
>
> Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault
> si_code: 1 - SEGV_MAPERR - Address not mapped to object.
> 0x5c17e30 in <unknown_procedure> ()
> (gdb)
>
> But now, as the shared_ptr_test works with -O2 (at least for me), I
> just tried our code with -O2, and it still does not work. So it also
> could be another (gcc?)problem than for the shared_ptr_test.

Does it still not work with BOOST_SP_DISABLE_THREADS or
BOOST_SP_USE_PTHREADS defined? If so, it's a general problem, not caused by
the platform-specific atomics; it could be a compiler backend bug, and
should probably be reported to the GCC Bugzilla. Can you try a 4.x g++? It
might have even been fixed.

The Boost test pages are at

http://engineering.meta-comm.com/boost-regression/CVS-RC_1_34_0/developer/

linked from the main page, top right corner.