From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-13 07:20:21

Anthony Williams <anthony_w.geo_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> thread (117)
>
> I've added boostinspect:nolicense to most of these files, where they are
> covered by an old license from William Kempf.

Is that really a good idea? These should be flagged as not having the
Boost license until we get them replaced. Isn't that the whole point
of the report?

> The remaining files have no license and copyright info. I have not
> touched these, as I am unclear as to what should happen.
>
> Some of them have current boost contributors listed as the author in
> the CVS log, but others were first created by William Kempf.

If the only edits were made by people who are reachable, you can get
their permission to change the license. Or, if they're already listed
in more/blanket-permission.txt, you don't need to ask.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting