From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-14 14:20:30

"Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Larry Evans wrote:
>> On 09/13/2006 07:26 AM, Andy Little wrote:
>> [snip]
>>> I am not quite sure whether put these into the fusion namespace and put them
>>> in
>>> the Boost Vault as extensions to fusion, or just to keep them in my own
>>> namespace?
>>
>> Joel, would a new directory, boost/fusion/sequence/container/matrix,
>> be a good place?
>
> I need more time to think about it. I'd like to parallel MPL and STL
> as much as possible. inner_product is an STL algorithm, so it can just
> be in fusion "algorithm".
>
> If you are planning a more complete matrix package, then, my knee
> jerk reaction is to have it as a separate library on top of fusion.
> More deliberation will be needed, I think, especially on how this
> relates to other matrix projects in the making within the boost
> community, etc. For now, it would be probably be good to have it
> as a fusion example until it matures enough to be part of the
> library. But then again, I welcome more thoughts on this.

For myself I am pretty much sure that Boost.Fusion will be an essential part of
my Quan library, therefore I reckon I am going to rework the dot product
example, as a matrix example , but using the Quan components, as it seems daft
to have to make 3 versions of everything. So, anyone that wants to try the
examples will have the Quan CVS dependency for the moment. I may as well start
promoting Quan AFAICS!

Quan promotion warning.......

 Quan, The serious library for modelling and manipulating physical quantities in
C++. Download Quan here ( Note: for the fusion stuff you will need to download
CVS)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/quan/

regards
Andy Little