From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-15 01:21:32

Sorry, but I'm going to be rather uncharacteristically apolitically frank...

Dean Michael Berris wrote:
> Hi Kevin (and everyone else)!
>
> Attached are `spec.hpp' which implements the inital supported BDD
> terms (equal, not_equal, between(...)and(...) ).
>
> I've attached the initial explorations (one header, and a test
> implementation). Comments and insights will be most appreciated. :)

Yea... Looks as bad as I feared.

>> [OT bit follows]
>>
>> As to the ghostly reference, it was for a visual effect for a film and
>> the request came from an artist to a developer, in this case it was
>> important that the two work directly to express the requirements and
>> not have 2-3 layers of interpretation between them.
>> "make it look ghostly" might be the name of a test suite or behavioral
>> description suite/acceptance tests essentially a starting point for
>> ubiquitous language.
>
> Very interesting indeed. I would think BDD will be very useful in
> these situations, especially for the developers and even non-technical
> customers (who feel comfortable with english anyway).

It's a very sad day when people can again think that customers can
program. After 25 years of programming this seems to be a recurring
false pattern. Having done a stint in knowledge based reasoning AI
development I can tell you that there's a very good reason for the term
"expert". And for those not familiar with some of the AI aspects in
this, unless you are willing to make non-programmers write in Esperanto,
you'll be faced with natural language parsing nightmares.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything