From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-15 10:28:49

Ben Bear wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> I wrote a proposal for TR2 about add combination against
> std::permutation. It's here:
> http://www.bxmy.org/article/tr2/combi_tr2.txt
>
> And the source code:
> http://www.bxmy.org/article/tr2/combination.hpp
> http://www.bxmy.org/article/tr2/test.cpp
>

> I need HELP! Because my bad ability in English, can anybody edit
> this report? And can anybody commit this proposal to WG21?

I'm not a member of the committee, but do know a little about how the process
works. And I'm afraid you've missed the pre-meeting mailing for the Portland
meeting in Oct. In all likelihood that means it might be very difficult to
get your proposal on the agenda....which means it likely won't make it into
tr2 given that Portland is the cutoff for new proposals.

Still you shouldn't give up. This looks very useful to me and would be a nice
contribution to Boost even if it doesn't make TR2...so read on.

> One year ago, I wrote a email to the libstdc++ group for the
> combination, and they said that I should commit this to the Boost. I
> wrote a email to this mailing list one month ago, but nobody replies me.
> Maybe I should write the proposal for TR2. Now I wrote a draft.

Sorry to hear that. Sometimes there's alot of email and it takes a bit of
persistence to get attention. I would hope that John Maddock and Paul Bristow
could evaluate your proposal as they've been working on some math and
statistical interfaces. Last I know the link is at:

http://www.johnmaddock.co.uk/proposal/index.html

Maybe there's enough synergy to work together on these?

Jeff