From: Derek Ross (derek_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-15 14:01:08

((posting again, first time didn't get through...))

Hello All,

I'm wondering if there's an interest in a container wrapper that will
more strongly type indexing via the [] operator and .at() function.

The purpose would be mainly for handling communications packets, where
specific indices have distinct meanings. A container can be created that
will allow only a specific enum types to be used as an index, lessening
the possibility that the wrong indices are used for a container.

I mentioned it in comp.std.c++ in the following post:

http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.std.c++/msg/e0843191ed002d08

And after a few comments, I threw together a "typed_index_wrapper" for
converting a std::vector, std::deque or boost::array into containers
with typed indexing functions:

http://groups.google.ca/group/comp.std.c++/msg/05396ffb5a8968a7

Do you think I should go through the process of boostifying this, or is
it somewhat of a trivial result?

Thanks,
Derek.