From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-18 09:45:02

I'm sorry I have been away and haven't been able to reply to this before.

I'm also sorry that I really haven't got a grip on the relevant merits of
the various attempts at the units and dimensions problem, nor do I see
having time or neurons enough to do so.

All that I am certain is that it is they really important nuts to crack with
enormous practical utility and benefit.

The detailed requirements are difficult to agree, let alone define. For me,
just getting the SI units (and dimension checking) to work would be a
massive step forward. But there are others who live in a different
time-sapce continuum ;-) making mission creep difficult to avoid.

I see a chicken and egg problem - what is really needed is a group of
real-life users, preferably in a reasonable range of problem domains, but
not necessarily including relativistic ones, who are happy that it meets
their requirements. But until it is a Boost library, they are reluctant to
even try it.

So I am sorry that I can't give you anything but encouragement to keep
working. For me, it is many more examples and users that would sell it.

Paul

---
Paul A Bristow
+44 1539561830 & SMS, Mobile +44 7714 330204 & SMS
pbristow_at_[hidden]