From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-19 14:07:50

Anthony Williams wrote:
> By "William", do you really mean me, Anthony Williams?
Yes, sorry for having mispelled your name.

> If so, then most of the code is ready for a switch to HEAD, I believe.
Fine!

> .... Putting it on HEAD would allow more people to try
> it out, and more people would actually look at the code. If it's broken, I'd
> like to know.
Reasonable. And we always can step back, if really necessary.

> The read-write mutexes aren't ready, yet, but the old ones are broken
> anyway.
I didn't expect this to be ready for this first step anyways.

> I've run the tests on my changes many times, and they all pass, for the bits
> I've done. For the areas I haven't touched yet (TSS, thread launching, etc.),
> I'm happy to revert to Bill's code.
Ok.
So I will take as a basis what is currently in win32 thread_rewrite.

Altough I still will need some more time for the boost build v2. I am
currently having some issues with bbv2 windows build. And I am afraid we
will need bbv2 now because regressions already are using it.

If you (Anthony) think you can spare some time to help me finding what
is going wrong, I would appreciate it. But I propose to continue
discussion on the thread list, until we have sucessfully moved to HEAD.

Roland