From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-21 12:10:15

David Abrahams wrote:
> The problem we're having is that what
> you're complaining about is a situation created, and of whose merit
> many of us were convinced, by you.

The problem we're having is that there is a disagreement
about how to design such an extension in such a way
that it isn't a future maintainence headache. Of course,
if I make an observation that conflicts with some
currently (perhaps widely) held opinion I suppose that one can say
I "created a situation". LOL - but in my view the "situation"
is already created - I'm just stating what to me is obvious.

A perfect example of this is the boost test/release system.
When I first made obvervations on this topic they were roundly
dismissed (that's OK) and it was sort of suggested that I was
just being contrary for its own sake. (not really OK - but
I can just ignore it). I think that the current situation and ideas
floating around on this subject make it clear that my original ideas on the
subject had some merit after all - and that this is coming to be
recognized.

I can't help wonder how many worthy ideas are NOT posted because
the poster is reluctant to subject himself to this kind of characterization.

Robert Ramey