From: Jeff F (TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-22 10:07:48

> "Jeff F" <TriumphSprint2000_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Sadly for us, Boost lost its lawyer today. Devin Smith has done
>>
>> Is geographic location an issue?
>
> For whom? Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Sorry, I snipped too much context:

>>> Devin has offered to try to help us find new representation (no
>>> guarantees, though). I'm also going to check back in with the Berkman
>>> Center; it'll definitely be important for us to have representation
>>> that undestands the open source world. We'll be very, very lucky if
>>> we can find anyone as capable and interested in our situation as Devin
>>> has been.

I assumed this is a request for possible alternative representation. Devin
appeared to be geographically close to at least you(again my assumption). Is
that an important consideration in finding someone to fill his role? Is
face-to-face contact necessary/desirable with those boost members who have
been closely involved in the licensing efforts?

Thanks, Jeff