From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-24 15:12:40

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 19:52:29 +0200, Ion Gaztañaga wrote
> Hi Christopher,
>
> > You can reverse the inclusion order to make it work.
>
> But this is very annoying since headers from every boost library
> using date-time would have also those dependencies.
>
> > Defining
> > WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN will also prevent windows.h from including
> > winsock.h. The asio headers already include the following
> > construct to #define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN:
> >
> > # if !defined(BOOST_ASIO_NO_WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN)
> > # if !defined(WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN)
> > # define WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN
> > # endif // !defined(WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN)
> > # endif // !defined(BOOST_ASIO_NO_WIN32_LEAN_AND_MEAN)
> >
> > Perhaps something similar should be added to date_time, since
> > it does not need winsock.h?
>
> Seems the most reasonable answer, if lean and mean configuration has
> all the necessary headers Boost.DateTime needs.

The include is for the 'FILETIME' functions. Looking again at MSDN it appears
that it is declared in Winbase.h -- I wonder if we could include that instead?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/sysinfo/base/setfiletime.asp

Otherwise, I'm fine adding macros to make this work.

Jeff