From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-25 09:18:13

Duft Markus wrote:
> No, you misunderstood. I _did_ build with consistent wchar_t option (off
> in that case). But boost won't build the date time library without
> native wchar_t.

Well, that's fairly hard for me to imagine based on what is in the lib. The
tests are a different story...many platforms have issues with correct support
for wchar and hence fail a variety of date-time tests designed to exercise
wchar support. Perhaps you need to post the failure details....or did I just
miss them? The other thing I'll mention is that the platforms that use the
Rogue Wave library, in general, haven't been the best for Boost support in
general. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are plenty of boost
compatibility issues with apache stdcxx. As an example, in date-time I had to
add some code for facets that returned id's to make things work with the RW
library:

//time_facet.hpp
#if defined (__SUNPRO_CC) && defined (_RWSTD_VER)
       std::locale::id& __get_id (void) const { return id; }
#endif

I don't know if this is still needed, but if it is you won't be getting it
because the config macros won't select it. If you search the boost source on
RWSTD you'll find other workarounds.

Jeff