From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-25 19:26:53

"Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> Andy Little wrote:
>
>> OK. FWIW I found that creating a sequence by pushing_back result_types to
>> an
>> empty vector is a great way to 'create' a result sequence at compile time.
>> It
>> kind of creates something out of nothing. At runtime however I found I could
>> employ a different approach by using recursive functors(that is still compile
>> time rather than runtime recursion, but much faster to compile and using less
>> resources, whereas joint_view can be a resource hog)
>
> A resource hog? At compile time? At runtime? I'd like to know how
> you arrived at that observation.

FWIW the whole story is available in Quan CVS In the same directory with the
following files, (though much of it is tedious to wade through)

Here is v5:

http://tinyurl.com/g3xlf

In that I basically follow at runtime what I did at compile time with Fusion.
>From memory it Blew VC7.1 to 'compiler out of resources" in debug mode.

In V6 I figured I'd try a different apprioach:

http://tinyurl.com/l5q6t

Here I use my own homerolled recursion at runtime and compiled much faster and
completed and ran.

Final version is not much different, but did some experiments on the evaluation
order in homerolled version, which makes a huge difference toi the output.

http://tinyurl.com/gkbbt

But yeah. Don't take it too seriously. To analyse it properly would take a long
time and I was having too much "fun with Fusion" at that time. :-)

regards
Andy Little

 You can use result_of::push_back to