From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-27 09:08:28

On 09/26/2006 05:12 PM, Joel de Guzman wrote:
> Doug Gregor wrote:
>
>>A while ago I announced the availability of an implementation of
>>"variadic templates" for GCC. Variadic templates eliminate a huge
[snip]

> Oh man, this is awesome!

Joel,

I'm wondering what implications this would have for fusion containers.
The variadic template tuple in:

   http://www.osl.iu.edu/~dgregor/cpp/variadic-templates.html

is implemented roughly like fusion's cons; hence, I'm guessing
it would be easy to use a slight modification of the that tuple
to implement a variadic template fusion list. However, the
fusion vector uses BOOST_PP_ENUM* to generate member names.
To do that BOOST_PP_ENUM* requires the length of the variadic
template typelist, information not available at preprocessing time.
Hence, I'm wondering how a variadic template fusion vector would
be implemented. Any ideas?

TIA.

-regards,
Larry