From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-28 09:31:50

"Toon Knapen" wrote
> Andy Little wrote:
>
>> Hurdle 1. Many Windows users are used to zip not bz2 files, so what do I do
>> with
>> them??
>

> cygwin comes with bunzip2.exe or in case of an archive you can directly
> 'tar -xvjf <file>'

OK.... Here then is my ConceptGCC installation for dummies guide:

You need to have Cygwin installed:

http://www.cygwin.com/

Hurdle 1. Many Windows users are used to zip not bz2 files, so what do I do with
them?

Answer: Cygwin comes with bunzip2.exe or in case of an archive you can directly
 'tar -xvjf <file>'

Move the resulting 'opt' directory to your Cygwin installation. In my case
C:/Cygwin

so in my case the result is C:/Cygwin/opt

Head for Start>Control Panel.

Head for System>Advanced>Environment Variables.

Find 'Path' environment variable

Add The ConceptGcc bin directory e.g
PREVIOUS_Stuff;C:/Cygwin/opt/conceptgcc-VERSION/bin

Now check it works. Open a command prompt. (If you have Cygwin correctly
installed you shouldnt need to be in Cygwin shell)

type conceptg++.

If all is working ok you should get:

C:\my_current_dir>conceptg++
conceptg++: no input files