From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-29 02:03:39

Mariusz Kedzierawski wrote:

> I think there is a problem in implementation of function: void
> condition_impl::notify_one() (with BOOST_HAS_MPTASKS beeing defined -
> apple version) in file condition.cpp

Are you really still using the MPTASKS implementation?
I am asking, because we have decided to drop support for
it. What you see is just what remained from the original
implementation.

So yes, there are likely more problems, than you are pointing out.
The MPTASKS simply is unmaintained currently.

I have been told by the original maintainer that it is obsoleted
today by the fact that pthread is generally available on Mac.

But, if you are interested in maintaining a MPTASKS version you are
invited to join in at the thread_rewrite list. We are restructuring
the thread library to provide an easier platform dependant
implementation, which will allow for multiple platform maintainers.

But this will not happen before boost 1.35. 1.34 is only bug fixing,
and MPTASKS is not officially supported for 1.34. (We have no regression
tests running against it currently)

Regards
Roland