From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-30 12:32:11

John Maddock wrote:
> Robert Ramey wrote:
>> including the header file floating_point_promotion.hpp results
>> in a compile error with the borland compilers.
>>
>> Is there any chance this could be enhanced to avoid this?
>
> I'll try and look into it, which Borland version were you targeting
> 5.6.4 or the new 5.8.2?

Actually, my local tests still include 5.51 and 5.64 but not 5.82.
The issue occurs with both of these compilers. It stems from
the fact that the compiler doesn't really distinguish between

template<class T>
f(T &t)

and

template<class T>
f(const T & t)

As this is a well know problem already addressed in other libraries
I had hoped that the original author would find it easy to fix.

This is the way I set things up some time ago and I haven't been
motivated to "upgrade" it.