From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-09-30 15:20:31

On 09/30/2006 10:34 AM, David Abrahams wrote:
> Larry Evans <cppljevans_at_[hidden]> writes:
>

>>David, Joel:
>>
>>Do you have any plans for using this in not-to-distant future
>>versions of MPL and FUSION, obviously with preprocessor
[snip]
> Not me; ask Aleksey -- he implemented nearly all of MPL himself.

OK. Aleksey, do you have any plans? I'm starting to do it, but
there's a lot I don't know about it. For example, I see
there's a aux::vector_tag<N> ( where N == vector size, I guess),
It's used in push_back and push_front. I'm unsure whether
it could be replaced with a simple aux::vector_tag and
maybe use variadic template arg packing and unpacking
to implment the push* functions.

I'm also thinking maybe it would be best to just have
a separate include directory for variadic templates intead
of heavily sprinkling the code with:

  #ifdef __VARIADIC_TEMPLATES
  #endif

then the user could change his user-config.jam to
test the compiler and if it's Douglas' then
prepend the variadic-template
include directory in front of the other -I
parameters to the compiler.

What are your thoughts?

TIA.

-regards,