From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-01 07:41:48

Hi Y'all

Historically, Spirit had its own release cycle. Spirit 1.8.4 will
be released in the next few days. You can get a beta snapshot
here:

http://spirit.sourceforge.net/dl_more/spirit-1.8.4.beta1.zip
http://spirit.sourceforge.net/dl_more/spirit-1.8.4.beta1.tar.gz

These betas are provided to make sure that all is ok. We
appreciate feedback and reporting of problems encountered.
We'd like to make sure that the packages are in perfect shape
before we do the final release.

Roadmap:

* Spirit 1.8.4 release

* Soon after the release of Spirit 1.8.4, Spirit 1.8.5
   will follow. Spirit 1.8.5 is the bridge to Spirit-2.
   Spirit 1.8.5 integrates Fusion2 and Phoenix2. It is already
   in the final stages of development. Spirit 1.8.5 is not 100%
   backward compatible to Spirit 1.8.4. We shall provide some
   documents to make the transition as smooth as possible. The
   difference is minimal. Hopefully, 1.8.5 (and subsequent releases)
   will ease the transition to 2.0.

* Development of Spirit-2 shall proceed parallel to Spirit 1.8.5++.

Comments, feedback welcome.

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman