From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-01 20:37:49

On 10/01/2006 07:17 PM, Douglas Gregor wrote:
[snip]
>>What am I doing wrong?
>

> Well, you're not doing anything wrong. That section of the proposal
> was meant to be a "if the initializer lists proposal is accepted,
> then it would act like this." I didn't actually mean to propose any
> changes to the initializer syntax, and so I didn't implement them.
> (That said, it's a relatively simple feature to implement, if we need
> it to test something out).
My motivation was to avoid the need for the "external" typedef
like the rank*_type's in:

http://archives.free.net.ph/message/20060917.155443.96aa800a.en.html

I was hoping this intializer syntax would allow something like:

rcmatrix<2,2,rank2_type> mat
{{ 0, 1}
,{ 2, 3}
};

just like what's done with regular c intialization of a int mat[2][2].