From: Roland Schwarz (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-02 11:38:39

Markus Schöpflin wrote:
> What do you mean by not being available? You mean there is no threading
> support in this particular compiler version? Or that the threading
> functions are somehow broken?

Somehow broken.

> AFAIK, it's always the posix thread lib of the underlying OS which is linked.

But possibly the wrong ones. Passing --verbose to the linker I guess
would show which libraries are bound.

> Do you have any tests which allow to enable more tracing that would enable
> us to see where the tests are actually hanging? As they are consuming 100%
> CPU when hung, I think that this might lead us somewhere.

The create_test already shows that not even a simple thread can be
created. I suspect we would end up at pthread_create not returning.

Could you please try to compile the examples from libs/thread/examples?
We than could insert there some tracing output to confirm this suspicion.

Possibly we should do this in HEAD?

Regards
Roland

BTW.: Can you afford some more time now, or do we need to break soon?
Also what about meeting on an IRC channel to get faster turn around?

Regards
Roland