From: Andy Little (andy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-05 11:44:26

"David Abrahams" wrote
> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>>> "Andy Little" <andy_at_[hidden]> writes:
>>
>>> A nice UI to show off ConceptGCC? I'm giggling.

>>> I wish you well. I think it would be cool, but I don't think it's
>>> going to help much with core language development.
>>
>> Depends if ConceptGCC can compile Windows Apps don't it?
>
> Not AFAICT. And it can.

Well as it happens I was living in the grip of a trichotomy, regarding whether
to pursue my interest in Quanta (That the name of my GUI BTW), or to delve
further into the mysteries of Concepts. Anyway poor old VC7.1 just doesnt have
the amps to compile the Fusion matrices in any quantity, and VC8.0... lovely
optimiser but gets very confused about operators. But meanwhile good old GCC
just keeps motoring on, and BTW ConceptGCC compiles faster than VC7.1 with the
Quanfusion matrices, So that got me to thinking. Why not rewrite my Quan library
in terms of Concepts and develop my GUI at the same time. Neat really because by
the time I get the GUI to a reasonable state then Concepts will be part of the
language and Quanta will be right at the cutting edge . Brilliant Eh ?

Then I'll be giggling too :-)

regards
Andy Little