From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-05 23:45:18

Caleb Epstein wrote:
> On 10/5/06, Rene Rivera <grafikrobot_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> Note: I'm not endorsing SVN as a good revision control system.
>
> Does that mean you think it isn't one?

Correct.

> I believe you've written to
> this list before about issue(s) you've encountered with SVN, a bad
> merge if memory serves.

Yep :-)

> Do you think its an unworthy or untrustworthy
> successor to CVS?

No.

> I use it to the exclusion of CVS at home and at my place of work and
> find it quite an improvement.

It's a matter of grading. I consider SVN a mediocre revision control. My
personal grading of the ones I've used for more than a few minutes, in a
scale of 1-10:

Perforce; 5.5.
SVN; 5 maybe 6.
CVS; 2.
SourceSafe; 0, because it's flaws can cause harm to productivity, and
that's being gracious.

But we might be going off-topic at this point ;-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything