From: Nicola Musatti (Nicola.Musatti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-06 05:00:00

Steve Hutton <shutton <at> featurecomplete.com> writes:
[...]
> Thanks for doing this - personally I welcome the discussion of these
> interface details, and I am open to considering the issues you are
> raising.

Thank you for listening!

> I've never thought that a boostified version of SOCI would
> go through with exactly the interface it has today. There might be
> a scenario in which standalone SOCI lives on alongside its decendent
> boost.SQL, with a slightly different interface.

Actually I was wondering about how you meant to handle it. I'd imagine that part
of your user base might not be very happy about having to change their code
"just" to adopt the new interface.

By the way, I think you should consider moving Boost.SQL (or whatever it will be
called) to a separate repository. While the logical structure of the library
probably won't change all that much, it will change dramatically from a purely
textual point of view, considering the need to shift from CamelCase to
lower_case. Maybe the Boost Sandbox could come handy.

> However, we need
> to get Maciej's thoughts on these issues when he comes back online.

Definitely. Somehow these discussions seem to always take place close to his
holidays :-)

Cheers,
Nicola Musatti