From: Stefan Seefeld (seefeld_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-06 20:38:03

Lubomir,

I'm in the process of reading the GIL Design Guide. Right now I'm specifically
interested into aspects related to the pixel type(s), specifically, how to
represent pixels where individual channels can't be represented as multiples
of bytes.
For example, IPP provides a heterogenous 16-bit RGB type with 5 bits red, 6 bits green,
and 5 bits blue. I wonder whether that could be mapped to GIL, and how.
I think it is important to be able to write C++ code using GIL that is binary-compatible
with these types.

Is this possible ? Any hints would be highly appreciated !

Many thanks,
                Stefan