From: Boris Gubenko (Boris.Gubenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-11 14:38:56

On both Tru64/cxx and HP-UX/aCC, the only failing ptr_container
library test is ptr_map. On both platforms, it fails to compile
with the same compilation errors:

"../libs/ptr_container/test/ptr_map.cpp", line 328: error #2158:
 expression must be an lvalue or a function designator
      map_type::pointer a_pointer = &*m2.begin();

"../libs/ptr_container/test/ptr_map.cpp", line 330: error #2158:
 expression must be an lvalue or a function designator
      map_type::const_pointer a_cpointer = &*const_begin(m2);

In the explicit-failures-markup, ptr_map is marked as expected failure
for a number of toolsets including "hp_cxx-71_006_tru64". Based on the
above, can "acc" be added to the list of toolsets for this test, in
both CVS head and the RC branch? For now, because of this test, on
metacomm test site, the ptr_container library appears as broken on
HP-UX/aCC.

The Note by Thorsten Ottosen associated with ptr_map states, that
"For hp, this compiler bug is insignificant.". What exactly the bug
is? We want to be sure, that EDG is aware of it. If nobody knows or
remembers what the bug is, we'll investigate.

Thanks,
  Boris Gubenko
  HP C++ team