From: Gordon Smith (schmoo2k_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-12 06:17:41

>From my brief viewing of GIL, I would see it replacing Anti-Grains
rasterizer, this would allow Anti-Grain to render into any format directly.

Gordon.

"Lubomir Bourdev" <lbourdev_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
Bruno Martínez wrote:
>Is there a comparison with Anti-Grain? IIRC it also was representation
>independent.

No, I only learned about Anti-Grain recently. To do a library justice
requires studying it in depth to make a good comparison. There are many
libraries out there, and they keep evolving, so doing comparisons can be
difficult and time consuming.
If Anti-Grain is truly representation-independent, then it should be easier
to adapt its algorithms into fully generic GIL algorithms.

Lubomir