From: Geoff Wedig (wedig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-12 09:06:07

Peter Dimov wrote:
> Geoff Wedig wrote:
>
>> I am attempting to port our source, which makes heavy use of boost, to
>> RHEL5 with gcc version 4.1.1-18. I am getting 'defined but not used'
>> warnings from placeholders.hpp. Since we've got a clean build policy,
>> we need to clean this up somehow. I've done a bit of googling on both
>> the boost site and the internet trying to determine where this error
>> appeared from since our other compiles don't show it.
>
> Can you post one such warning, and the version of Boost that you're using?

Sorry this took me so long. Got distracted by a different issue that
I've been tracking down.

The warnings look like this:

.../boost_1_33_1/boost/bind/placeholders.hpp:56: warning:
â<unnamed>::_3â defined but not used

This is with boost 1.33.1, obviously. We tried boost 1.32, but it
doesn't like 4.1.1 because the compiler isn't in it's preprocessor guards.

The warnings show up for every one of the placeholders that aren't used
in the including code, so generally for 3-9, since 1 and 2 parameter
functions are what we use most.

Hope this helps. I'm sure it's spurious, but I have to get rid of it
somehow.

Thanks for your help!

Geoff Wedig