From: Alexander Nasonov (alnsn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-12 15:26:21

Bartosz Marcinkiewicz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to cross-compile boost for XScale based system.
> Has anybody done this? I need to redefine commands:
> gcc, g++, ar, ld, as, strip, objdump, etc.. so during build process
> are executed commands from producer-provided toolchain
> (this is gcc-3.3.2 that produces binaries for XScale).

I cross-compiled and built boost.threads for my HP 2215 handheld
when I first installed linux and ran a small test successfully.
Everything was pretty staightforward. I just followed bjam
documentation. Things may change over years, though.

--
Alexander Nasonov
Project Manager at Akmosoft ( http://www.akmosoft.com )