From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-13 12:14:54

Doug Gregor said: (by the date of Fri, 13 Oct 2006 10:31:43 -0400)

> >> ok. maybe you will like this:
> >>
> >> 75 failures in 13 libraries (37 are from non-broken platforms)
> >>
> >> non-broken broken total
> >> filesystem 0 2 2
> >> io 1
> >> iostreams 7 1 8
> >> mpl 5 1 6
> >
> > FWIW, in the outlook express viewer, this doesn't look pretty at
> > all...
> > there is no alighnment whatsoever :(
>
> Same issue here with Apple Mail. Would tabs produce better results?
>
> filesystem 0 2 2
> io 1
> iostreams 7 1 8
> mpl 5 1 6
>
> Hmmm...

this is strange if you are using fixed size font. That function
string.ljust(N) simply adds spaces until desired length is achieved. I
think that tabs will not help here, or if the will fix the alignment for
AppleMail it will be broken for other mail readers. You can verify this
by running the script in a terminal (with --debug ;)

So I guess that status quo is a better solution.... :/