From: Ryan, Paul L. (PAUL.L.RYAN_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-16 19:26:09

Ion,

I don't know if I'm just missing it or if this feature doesn't exist, but is
there a feature in interprocess to check that a segment exists prior to
attempting to find or construct a variable in that segment? If it doesn't
exist this would be an extremely useful feature so that when an application
goes to create an object in shared memory where the shared memory segment
has not been created the program doesn't just segfault but gives the
application at least a small chance of exiting gracefully (i.e. a thrown
exception).

As always thanks for your attention,

Paul Ryan
SAIC - Tactical Systems