From: Johan Råde (rade_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-17 09:00:35

John Maddock wrote:
> I'm not completely certain, but I believe HP-UX falls into this category:
> the idea is that you can pass binary data from one platform to another, and
> just switch the endianness bit to access it natively (think distributed
> applications).

Now endian.hpp defines BOOST_BIG_ENDIAN on HP-UX.
This was suggested by Boris Gubenko.

If you are right John, then this seems to be incorrect.
Shouldn't endian.hpp then define something like BOOST_UNKNOWN_ENDIAN on
HP-UX?

Boris, do you have any comments on this?

Then my fpclassify could use a fast implementation when BOOST_BIG_ENDIAN
or BOOST_LITTLE_ENDIAN is defined and a slower implementation when
BOOST_UNKNOWN_ENDIAN is defined.

--Johan