From: Ullrich Koethe (koethe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-18 10:20:50

Hi again,

the issue of PixelDereferenceAdaptors vs. DataAccessors has been
intensively discussed during this review, especially the issues arising
when the PixelDereferenceAdaptor must support both rvalue and lvalue use.
To get objective data on this, I want to do some experiments comparing the
concepts. But to my big surprise, I couldn't find any
PixelDereferenceAdaptor in the public part of GIL which supports lvalue
use. I'd appreciate if the GIL authors could provide an implementation of
a mutable

     interleaved_rgb_image_view(a_planar_rgb_image)

or point me to the right construct.

Thanks
Ulli

| Ullrich Koethe  Universitaet Hamburg / University of Hamburg   |
|                 FB Informatik        / Dept. of Informatics    |
|                 AB Kognitive Systeme / Cognitive Systems Group |
| Phone: +49 (0)40 42883-2573                Vogt-Koelln-Str. 30 |
| Fax:   +49 (0)40 42883-2572                D - 22527 Hamburg   |
| Email: u.koethe_at_[hidden]               Germany             |
|        koethe_at_[hidden]                        |
| WWW:   http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~koethe/      |