From: Janek Kozicki (janek_listy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-19 13:15:49

Dean Michael Berris said: (by the date of Thu, 19 Oct 2006 17:09:02 +0800)

> > > can it be used for multimethods ?
> >
> I have an example use (in the accompanying tests) which uses a
> boost::tuple<> as the index type. If the aim was to use multiple
> values, you can create a tuple from it and use that as an index --
> then couple it with a validation and routing strategy that allows you
> to validate and manipulate the index used for the dispatch.
>
> If you need to call multiple methods, you can use the invoker
> interface to the dispatcher -- but still using single dispatch. You
> can even use Boost.Signals to register a set of methods and register
> it to the dispatcher on a single index.

thanks, I will check it out. I have one question though. Currently I am
using a 2D matrix to preform dispatching on two virtual base classes.
This matrix approach allows fast lookup. Does your method allow a
similar solution?