From: Lubomir Bourdev (lbourdev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-19 20:28:49

Since several reviewers requested this, we are working on splitting the
GIL examples as separate unit example files and consolidating the ones
we made due to people's requests.

We will provide an "example" directory that compiles the files we have
discussed so far:

- convolution
- affine_transform
- packed_pixel (defining 565 RGB pixel)
- histogram
- x_gradient
- mandelbrot (defining a synthetic view)
- interleaved_ptr (how to construct your own pixel pointer and
reference)

(if we get to these:)
- vigra_integration
- agg_integration (from Joel)

We are also going to provide the regression tests (which you can get
today if you install ASL)

Hopefully these (or most of them) will be available sometime tomorrow,
together with a Makefile and jpeg-only dependency.
(You can still access all of the above but it is inconvenient)

Lubomir