From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-10-19 21:37:57

On 10/19/2006 12:59 PM, Andy Little wrote:
> "Joel de Guzman" <joel_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
[snip]

>>No problem. But have you seen Andy's work on matrices using fusion?
>

> As far as the work on "tuple" matrices is concerned, though originally conceived
> to enable use in my Quan types in transform matrices:
>
> http://quan.sourceforge.net/quan_matters/doc/html/index.html
>
> The IMO more important use is to replace run time doubles with compile time
> "static" doubles usually for values of 1 or 0.

Andy, If all the types are the same(e.g. all double), then maybe a tuple
is too heavyweight. I'd think something like vector_c, maybe called
matrix_c, would be more appropriate. Or maybe you're wanting units with
that so that the elements would be a double, but a double with units
length/time or something else. Is that why tuples instead of matrix_c
is being used?